Thursday, November 4, 2010

MRA Results

I picked up a copy of my MRA brain scans so that I will have them with me when I go to Oklahoma.  I took a look at them when I got home and have no clue as to what I saw.  LOL!  If you ask me it looked like a bunch of gummy worms for my brain and no comments please.

I talked with the doctor's nurse and they reported to me that there were no new bleeds which is great news.  They also said that in the area of the left occipital lobe it appears to be likely an area of encephalomalacia which measures approximately 2.3 X 1.3 cm which is slightly bigger from the scan in June at 1.5 X 1.2 cm.  This big long word they told me pretty much means scar tissue left from where the bleed was.  They said it wasn't a bad thing, but similar to a bruise that we get when we hit something.

This news I felt was good, but wasn't enough and the family still had questions.  My mom decided to call St. Francis Hospital Radiology department and try to track down Dr. Reddy who worked my case and did quite a few studies on me while there.  She spoke with his secretary and he said he would be happy to see me and to bring the images that I had done.  My appointment was scheduled for Wednesday, November 10 at 10:00 am.

No comments: