Thursday, September 2, 2010

Envision Appointment

I had my appointment with Envision in Wichita on Tuesday which lasted 3 1/2 hours. G-G (Nic's grandma) stayed with the boys while my mom took me. We located the huge Envision building and was amazed at all the services they provide and how big everything was. We went to the 2nd floor and filled out more paperwork and then they called me back for testing. I did some tests that I have had done before and some new ones as well. I then met Dr. Park and he was great. He did some more tests himself and we had some great talks. He explained a lot to me and I felt like things have gotten better with just some of the results that I remember from previous eye appointments. He said there are still a couple of places on both eyes that have the upper right quadrant damaged, but it will take at least 8-12 months to see if it will come back or not. He did call in the occupational therapist to give me some things to work on at home to help with the double vision that I am experiencing and to work on building up my eye muscles to work on scanning to the right more. They want to see me back in about 2 weeks to do some test with 3 letters that I don't have a clue what it is called to pin point those areas with damage. I guess this test will measure a 2mm area at a time and show whether certain contrasting, size, and area that are in most need. This will give them a better idea of what they need to do to help me out. I was very encouraged when I left there since I felt like they understood and are willing to figure out what it is I need.

No comments: