Sunday, June 27, 2010

2 Month Update

I wanted to give you all an update since it has been 2 months since the stroke. The MRA showed the evidence of where the stroke happened while the 2 hematomas are still present. There is no new bleeding which is a blessing and we are just going to have to wait it out on my body doing it's part of dissolving the the blood. The doctors can't see if there is anything behind the hematomas so I can' t tell you in regards to that, but we are watching for any new signs or symptoms that would cause us to believe that there is something to worry about there. I have been feeling really well and haven't had any major headaches, only some pressure at times. I am down to 2 days a week instead of 3 days a week of physical therapy for my right leg which feels heavy and turns inward slightly. YEAH!!! I was going twice a week to have my INR checked in the lab which is the thickness of my blood, but am now at once a month if I stay within the range of 2.0-3.0 and I am currently at 2.0. I am still taking Coumadin and will be for a minimum of 6 months. As for my vision we are still trying to work with insurance on paying for vision therapy as they say it is not in our policy. You never think to check on that when signing up for insurance. We are doing well and I am enjoying my summer with all of my boys(Nic, Cooper & Parker). God has really been amazing as I am reminded often and shouldn't be surprised. Thanks once again for your thoughts and prayers. There is still a journey ahead of me, but wow what amazing progress has already happened.

No comments: