Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pictures of the Journey

April 24 8:22pm
I am feeling better considering all that has taken place in the past 24 hours. I am now at St. Frances in the Neuro Critical Care Unit. I can not see but I am sitting up and that is huge progress.





April 27
This is my attempt to eat solid food for the first time in 5 days. They gave me plenty of nausea medications to help out before I ate. They did this until I left the hospital. I did request a Chipolte burrito bowl one night for dinner and man was it delicious. Thanks honey for getting it for me. I lost around 12 pounds while I was there for 2weeks.


They added a picc line!  This is 36cm and it goes into my arm through my chest and into my heart.  This way they can draw blood directly every hour and have my meds flow as well.  No more pokes, but this was awful getting put in.  The first attempt went up into my ear and so they had to do it all over again.  We are finally in and what a blessing that is.  They told me there were nerves wrapped around the vein so that was what was causing my arm to spasm.  Very painful!



May 4
Amy, my sister, brought me a special present...the Sesame Street blanket from our childhood. I was so happy to see some little comfort from the good old days. She mended the rips and washed it and let me tell you in doesn't even come close to the blankets they provide you in the hospital no matter how much you pay for them. Thank you Sis so much for sharing the blankie since it is older than me. We could probably sell it on ebay and make some money.



Here I am all tucked in my Sesame Street blanket after my sister washed my hair for me. It felt great to have clean hair and rest peacefully in a cozy blanket.

No comments: