Friday, August 6, 2010

Lab Work

I continue to have lab work done to have my INR checked which is how thick my blood. I am still on Warfrin blood thinner and they say it may be 6 at least 6 months so possibly to October. They want my INR to be between 2.0-3.0. The lower the number the thicker the blood and the higher the number the thinner my blood. In order to leave the hospital they wanted me at a 2.0 and so they gave me an injection in my belly since I was at 1.9. This week I have not been stable so I am going weekly to have it checked. Wednesday I was at 1.6 so they increased the mg of meds. It is very sensitive and the amount of vitamin K input that I have has a lot to do with it. I have to limit my green vegetables and my ranch dressing. If you all remember I lived on chicken nuggets and ranch dressing while pregnant with Cooper. I have been really good about my salad eating since that is one of my favorite foods.

Thursday the 29th my INR was at 1.7 so they are still increasing the mg's.
Thursday August 5 my INR was at 2.3 so I am staying at 5mg of Warfrin.

I am currently stable so I go back in a month we shall see September 3rd.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I was just telling someone the other day about how you craved chicken nuggets from Wendy's when you were preg with Coop! I'll never forget how much you loved those then... or the baby carrots! Remember when you ate a pound of baby carrots and the Doc told you to lay off a bit! LOL Good memories!