Friday, October 1, 2010

Appointments, Appointments, Appointments!

This week alone I had 7 appointments to go to and I was truly blessed to have such wonderful help in getting to those appointments and with the kiddoes. GG (Nic's Grandma) is truly an amazing woman and helps out so much each week as she still does our laundry since it is a lot to haul it up and down the stairs with a funky leg. She also takes me to the store and watches the boys. My mom also helped out this week and spent 3 days with us since the appointment schedule was so full. I am so blessed with such a wonderful family. Tamara (family friend) came over to play and watch the kiddoes for me a few times this week as well. Thank so much everyone who has helped along the way.

Monday-get stuff ready for Cooper's birthday party.
Tuesday-Cooper at pre-school and prize day for great behavior along with a few errands to run. Eye appointment with Dr. Gordon.
Wednesday-Physical therapy and mom comes to help out around the house.
Thursday-Cooper at pre-school with show & tell, fire truck visit, & yellow day. 7:30am mental evaluation for 2 1/2 hours and Nic at Volleyball in Wellington until late.
Friday-Eye appointment with Dr. Park, Occupational therapy, Lab work and Physical therapy.

Wow what a week. To give you a quick update...my vision has gotten worse in order to get better. I am now having double vision up close and at a distance so I have been told that this is a good thing since the brain seems to be waking up. They are working on a pair of lenses for me to help me for a short amount of time until the brain can work with the eyes to line up everything. Dr. Park is going to talk with Dr. Gordon and they will call me on Monday or Tuesday to let me know the plan and when I need to go back in. I am feeling pretty good with some pressure at times in the head, but nothing I can't handle. The double vision is hard to get used to, but I am told that it will get better. Patience is what I need and for most of you I may seem patient, but inside I am screaming. The Lord is still at work and I am still learning so much from Him. Nic and I also joined a new bible study and it is teaching me about God's crazy love that He has for us. I am also learning how to listen not only to the words Nic reads for me in the book, but at our amazing Father who loves us so much.

No comments: