Friday, October 8, 2010

Eye Status

Yesterday I received a call from Dr. Park at Envision and he asked me to come in today.  He said that he had discovered something and so he wanted to show it to me and explain a little more as to what my eyes are doing.  I was worried at first to find a ride since it was on such short notice but once again friends and family always step up and get me to where I need to be no matter what.  Once I got in there they decided to test me once again to see if there were any changes and it seems that there is still really a big problem with my eyes working together.  He explained that they have a hard enough time working individually with the blind area in each eye and then when you try and have them work together it creates another problem.  At my last appointment he used a camera to take a picture of my eyes and this is what he wanted to show me.  He brought over a laptop and showed me the picture that he had taken and how the white flash that shows up in the pupil of our eyes had shown up in different areas in each of mine.  On the left eye the white area was pointing towards my nose as far as it could and the right eye was tilted out in another direction.  This is what is causing the double vision near and far as they can't seem to work together or converge.  He said there is significant esotropia with my eyes.  They are planning on trying some lenses to help out with the double vision so we will wait and see.

No comments: