Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Doc gave me a black eye!

Dr. Park at Envision called me and was getting ready to leave the country, but wanted to get with me to try a lens that he had.  My mother-in-law took me over and they showed me how to put in a lens that looks like a contact but is clear on the outside edge, but black in the middle.  This will block out my eyesight depending on which I eye I have it in.  They would like me to try it out for a couple of weeks by alternating eyes each day to build up the muscles and to give me a break from double vision.  I am to see Dr. Park in a couple of weeks and he will check it out at that time.  We are still working with Dr. Park on going down to Oklahoma City for the Neuro Opthamologist that is located down there since I am unable to get in until January 3rd.

So far it is very different only being able to see out of one eye and the depth perception is just not there.  On the brighter side I do just see one of everything, but I haven't decided which way is preferred...double vision Vs. one eye.  At home things aren't too bad with one eye since I know where things are and how to get around, but when I visit new places that I haven't been to it is a little slower to avoid stumbles.

I'll have to get back with you on what they decide to do with the old black eye!

No comments: