Thursday, November 11, 2010

Good News!

Dr. Reddy called from St. Francis and he said the MRI looked good.  He can definitely say it was a Venous Infarct Stroke.  (sp?)  He wants me to get another MRI a year from now for follow up, as well as, another one in 2014.  He noted that he could see the spinal fluid cystic area where the blood leaked out and along the side of the brain.  This shouldn't cause any problems, but worst case scenario would be seizures.  He wanted me to make sure that I if I ever have another MRI in the next 20 or so years to let them know about this because the iron deposit pattern is very unusual and they may think it was a tumor when there really is no tumor there.  I asked about getting off blood thinners and he wants me to see a hematologist due to the clotting disorder that came up in my blood while n the hospital.  He encouraged me to see the Dr. in Oklahoma for eyes as he could see why I was having trouble.

This was all great news for me since we have waited 6 months now to get the all clear that there was nothing behind the blood clot causing the bleed.  God had his work cut out and once again He wins!  Thank you once again for your faithfulness in prayer.  To God be the be the glory and we can rest assured we will be safe in His arms.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Praise HIM!!! Wish I was closer to throw my arms around you and give you a great big hug! Much love!